Monday 15 April 2013

Cowboy Boots - SOLD

They may not be the most authentic cowboy boots, but they are the only ones I own. They are also possibly the most paintable item of footwear I own, in keeping with the theme, "In My Shoes".

I'd wanted a pair of cowboy boots for ages, but they were always too expensive, especially as I have awkwardly sized feet. These were in Next a few years back at a reasonable(ish) price and Next (sometimes) do my size. They are totally impractical; too high to drive in, too sloppy to cycle, run, or walk any distance in. And suede isn't very practical at the best of times. But they look kind of nice.

I had to stuff paper into the foremost boot to get it to stand up. I decided that the one at the back didn't need to be upright. 

Here's the in-progress sequence:

The underpainting - done with a brush - was burnt umber and ultramarine. The knife work on top was CMYK heavy body acrylic.

Acrylic on canvas, 30 x 30 cm
SOLD - all proceeds to Parkinson's UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!