Wednesday 10 October 2012

LEGO® Minifigures 56: Warrior King - SOLD


I thought of several names for this grey-bearded fellow, who is evidently regal. The lion on his breastplate suggests that he could be the Lion King; the big shiny sword makes me think of Excalibur, which could make him King Arthur (but Arthur was a bear, not a lion). Perhaps he is, simply, King LEGO.


He is rather warlike, despite his smile, so I have labelled him as a Warrior King, and I shall leave it up to you to decide who is.

Whatever his name, he marks the end of my first series of LEGO minifigure paintings. I hope to bring you further news of the book soon.

Acrylic on canvas, 7 x 7cm
SOLD

Post script: 
A few in-progress shots mostly showing the brush and the colour mixes used:

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!