Tuesday 14 August 2012

Lego 46 in progress

I tried a little experiment with this little fellow.

I used an oversize brush. Well, a bit oversize. It's a 3/8" flat brush - at around 9.5mm, that's almost a seventh of the size of the canvas. I included it in most of the in-progress shots; as you can see, I only reverted to the rigger for the facial features and a few fine lines in the very last shot.

1. "Monochrome" underpainting:
burnt umber, ultramarine and white.
All done with the flat brush.
2. Yellow added.
.
.
.
3. Burnt sienna appears on the palette.
.
.
4. Most of the colour is painted
now.
(Photo auto-white-balanced
because of encroaching darkness!)
5. Black added with flat brush
.
.
(Flash photo)
6. Fine detail added with rigger.
.
.
.
(Flash photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!