Monday 16 April 2012

Bluebell Wood (2011) - SOLD

Spring is here and it's forecast to rain for the foreseeable future. But never mind, all that water will help the bluebells grow and maybe - just maybe - I'll be able to find time on a warmish day to go and paint them. Like I did last year.

This was my first plein air painting in many a year. Inspired by a series of walks I was making, I decided to dig my painting stuff out and I knew what the subject must be: bluebells. Redolent of spring, wild areas of woodland and blue skies, I find the flowers irresistible; but they don't look right unless they are in a woodland setting. I found these just off a footpath through Clinkers Copse in North Hampshire.

The panting is framed by the cardboard painting carrier that I made for the occasion (out of the box that our bathroom scales arrived in). It did its job; the wet oil paint survived the journey home intact. (I have since become more ambitious and have made carriers for canvases that are twice the size of this board.)

Oil on board, 10 x 12"
Painted 24th April, 2011.
The board is a commercially prepared canvas board.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!