Thursday 23 February 2012

Tankard with Rainbow Reflections - SOLD

This is a little half pint pewter tankard belonging to my husband. I'm not sure that he's ever used it, but it's a pretty thing, and I thought it would complement the wine paintings. I was going to include a beer bottle but the only one I could find would have dwarfed the tankard. Instead, I selected a few coloured bottles from where they were gathering dust on the windowsill, and used them to create a colourful "rainbow" of reflections on the metal:
The bottles have been excluded from the painting deliberately. I didn't want to clutter up the canvas (which is rather small), and I wanted the painting itself to have a hint of magic or mystery about it. Which I have just destroyed with the above photograph.

Oil on canvas, 20 x 20 cm
SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!