Tuesday 22 November 2011

Lego Minifigures 23: "Hip Hop"


My son calls this figure his "DJ"; Lego call it a "Rapper"; I'm calling the painting "Hip Hop". He's clearly old-skool, what with his goldie lookin' chain and cassette ghetto blaster. I'm not so sure about the shutter shades - they might be 80s vintage, but I got the impression that they were a new wave thing back then. Now, of course, I am reliably informed that Kanye West has been spotted wearing them. Hence the hip hop credentials. As for the amount of gold in this figure's painted-on mouth - well, it makes me shudder and recall Pam Ayres' most famous poem.

All that bling, however, gave me another opportunity to use some of that pearlescent tinting stuff noted in Lego 22.

Acrylic, 7 x 7 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!