Friday 30 September 2011

Watership Down (1)


In an attempt to find a good vantage point for this famous hill, I struck out across the valley floor, on a footpath that followed a lowland gallop and that ultimately ventured up the down itself. But there wasn't time to walk up the hill and paint it, so I saved the climb until a later date (with worse weather - the Indian summer is still here, with temperatures higher, it seems, than the "real" summer) and settled down with a pair of small canvases and my usual painting kit. This was today's first painting. After I'd finished it, I turned around and painted Cottington's Hill from the same position.

Oil on canvas, 12 x 9".

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic work! I must say, I'm really impressed by your paintings!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!